To assist participants to understand, and be able to apply, the components of a cover letter and resume. Participants will be provided with electronic and hard copies of their cover letter and resume within two business days following the workshop.
Activities will include:
- Purpose of a Resume/Cover Letter…introduction and discussion about the concepts for creating resumes and cover letters to effectively represent your skills, experiences, and interests to potential employers.
- Identifying the major components of a Resume/Cover Letter
- Different types of Resume/Cover Letter formats
- What are my skills… “Writing Effective Resumes” booklet will be reviewed when discussing how to identify transferable skills, technical skills, personal attributes, leisure activities, community work and volunteer work for a resume. Cover letter principles will be discussed.
- Tips and Techniques
- Finished Product…Strategies and exercises for creating resumes and cover letters that effectively present your skills, experiences and interests to potential employers.