Writing Resumes & Cover Letters
To assist participants to understand, and be able to apply, the components of a cover letter and resume. Participants will be provided with electronic and hard copies of their cover letter and resume within two business days following the workshop.
Activities will include:
- Purpose of a Resume/Cover Letter…introduction and discussion about the concepts for creating resumes and cover letters to effectively represent your skills, experiences, and interests to potential employers.
- Identifying the major components of a Resume/Cover Letter
- Different types of Resume/Cover Letter formats
- What are my skills… “Writing Effective Resumes” booklet will be reviewed when discussing how to identify transferable skills, technical skills, personal attributes, leisure activities, community work and volunteer work for a resume. Cover letter principles will be discussed.
- Tips and Techniques
- Finished Product…Strategies and exercises for creating resumes and cover letters that effectively present your skills, experiences and interests to potential employers.
To register for this workshop please contact BGS Enterprises at 780 425 6655 or online at: BGSEnterprises.com
- Saturday, December 2, 2017
- 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Training Room